376 West Fourth Street was the original site of the Columbus Day Nursery built by the Knights of Columbus in 1907 to respond to the needs of newly arrived immigrants. In 1966 a new building was built on this site, The Labouré Clinic, which provided counseling, family management programs, dental services, pre and post natal services for parents and newborns, mental health services, a Golden Age Club, childcare, youth and elder services and job training. Thousands were helped over the years by the Labouré Center staffed by the Daughters of Charity and wonderful and committed lay people. In 1990 Catholic Charities took over the legal responsibility for these services and in 2002, relocated to a new building at West Broadway and D Streets.
Milton Residences for the Elderly, Inc.
(Sponsor and Management Agent)
Created in 1968 by the Milton-Mattapan Clergy Association, MRE has been providing Boston, Quincy, Newton, Braintree and Canton region affordable senior housing since the opening of the first building, Unquity House, in 1972. MRE is the management company for 299 units in Milton (at two locations, Unquity House - 139 subsidized units, and Winter Valley - 160 subsidized units.
In addition to property management activities, MRE also provides support services to the residents living at our elderly care facilities. We are client-centered and work with residents, family members and other community agencies to make sure that as our resident's age-in-place, we are there to help them and we work hand in hand to preserve their dignity while providing them a supportive environment and "More Than Just a Place to Live."
Should you have any questions about our project, please feel free to use the form below or contact Sharon Williams at 617-698-3005, or by email.